Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ek is lief vir Mosselbaai


A week from today I'll be walking off an airplane back stateside.  Well, after a nineteen hour plane ride, that is.  Until then, I'm just going to enjoy these last seven days to the best of my ability.

I ended up with so many photos from last week at Plettenburg Bay and then the past weekend from Schotia. 

I have to admit, living in a bush camp for the weekend was quite the experience.  I really don't know how else to describe it.  Haha.  But it was a great weekend, that's for sure.  I think the highlight had to be the discovery of four lion cubs during the Schotia game drive.  Absolutely the most adorable things I've seen so far.  I couldn't help but take hundreds of snaps of them; might have gone a little crazy there for a moment.  I could watch these cubs all day long if I had the choice.  Also got the joy of seeing a day old giraffe baby; could I be any luckier, really?  And living next to rhinos - well, that's pretty amazing, too.


And then ended the weekend with a 216 meter (709 feet) bungee jump off a bridge, because this is South Africa and why not!  Google Bloukrans bungy bridge - yeah, been there, done that.



This week has been pretty chill and low key.  A lot of editing going on, which is fine by me; it needed to get done anyway. 

Here's to Cape Town this weekend!

-K.

2 comments:

  1. Cute baby animals and bungee jumping! Awesome! Can't wait here your stories when you get back. Also loving the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie, heard about and saw your "jump" pictures--WOW!!! so proud of you. can't wait to pick you up on wednesday morning and start hearing more about your fantastic adventure. XOXO --mom

    ReplyDelete