Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baby Giraffe Smiles



Today officially marks my first ever game drive.  Headed out this morning to the Garden Route Game Ranch about a half hour away.  A couple of hours driving around in an open top Land Rover through a game ranch full of animals and suddenly I'm feeling a little Jurassic Park-esque.

The animals were just fantastic.  Rhinos, ostriches, lions.  With the sun beating down many of them were ready for a nap (and really, how can I blame them?  That's the story of my life right there.)

Word was that there was a baby giraffe somewhere around and we were going to try our best to find him.  And find him we did!  This little guy was the most adorable thing I had seen in quite some time.  Here he was standing on top of a rock like he was king of everything.  I had to get some snaps of this guy and I might have gone a little camera crazy until I realized, I should probably just take in this moment as it is.

Sometimes it's nice to just set the camera down for once and actually live in the moment.  It's amazing how much you can miss when you're concerned about the picture.

So the baby giraffe and I just smiled at each other instead.  It happened.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tomorrow I spend editing pictures!

-K.

PS.  I find cricket a highly boring and ridiculous sport.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day. Looking forward for the pics! Also nice fish necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, why thank ya. :) He broke - I have to reassemble him again soon. Haha

      Delete
  2. How dare you say such things about the greatest sport to watch when you literally have nothing to do haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog and instantly "I just can't wait to be King" starts playing in my head. Thanks for the need to listen to the Lion King soundtrack. :)

    ReplyDelete